Monday, May 21, 2012

Design Wall - May 21,2012

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that I haven't posted since May 1!  We have been to the Kentucky Derby, the Louisville Slugger Baseball Factory and Museum, two Texas Ranger's ballgames and a vintage airplane fly in since then.  Not much time for sewing!! I went with a group of 10 friends to a town about 20 miles from my house and stayed the weekend.  We had our own mini retreat.  We didn't do much sewing but did do alot of jewelry making.  What those girls get me into!!!  My design wall today is my work from this weekend.


The necklace on the right is crocheted  wire and beads The white necklace started out as a bracelet that was too big so rather than take it apart it was reborn as a necklace and of course I had to remake the bracelet.  The colorful necklace in the middle was made for me by a friend at the retreat.  She just whipped it up from her "scrap beads".  It was a nice change from the fabric.  I have to hit the machine to get my challenge and my UFO worked on before June 1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment