Monday, December 31, 2012

Plans for January 2013

I have several goals for this month .  I think I am going to like Judy's new format that we plan something for each month instead of choosing 12 things and one number being drawn each month.
1.  I want to finish my Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt
2.  I want to get the binding on my Orca bay quilt from last year so that I can enter it in the Creative Arts division of the Stock show and Rodeo.
3.  I want to finish a challenge that we were given at our quilt group Christmas party
4.  My plan for Christmas gifts for our daughter and daughter in law is to give them a table runner for each month.  I hope to make two each month instead of making them all at Christmas. 

This year I also am going to make an attempt to blog more often.  I love the comments and the people that I have met through blogging. 

This is going to be a very quiet New Years Eve for my husband and I.  He has the flu and I have an upper respiratory infection so it looks like medicine and then bed.  Happy New Year to all my fellow quilters!!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck on meeting your goals. I too like this self directed plan devised for us by the incomparable Judy. Looking forward to watching your progress thru the year.

    Hope you both get well VERY soon. I certainly can relate as I got an upper respiratory inflection from Grand children over the Christmas holiday; so I'll go sew some, then go on to bed! Best Wishes in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, that is what happened to us. We were fine until we went to see the kids and grandkids at Christmas. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  2. I like your idea for the table runners. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great you are already planning your gifts for Christmas. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Table runners are such a great project, and getting a jump on next Christmas is a bonus. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

    Flu must be going 'round, it was passed to me over the holiday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea to identify Christmas gifts and make them part of your goals for the coming year. Glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great mix of fun/work on your list. I think this type of challenge is going to be pretty effective. Hope you and hubby are feeling better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are both feeling better tomorrow! You have a good mix on your list, and I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete