Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fabric Stash Report - Week 1

I think my husband and I have turned the corner on the flu and are getting better!! I feel like I lost a week and now need to make up for it except my body doesn't want to go at that speed . This strain of the flu comes on fast and hits hard!  Yesterday was my first full day in my sewing room.  I am finishing up my Easy Street ( Bonnie Hunter) mystery quilt and can now count all the fabric.  It is amazing how much fabric a scrappy quilt takes.  I went by her estimates at the beginning of the quilt and we knocked out 14 1/4yards.  That is a great start for 2013.  This year I am going to make a real effort to keep up with my numbers and get them posted.  So far in 2013( all 6 days) I haven't purchased any fabric.  In fact I cleaned out my sewing closet and have two boxes to give to my friend Amy.  She has a unique quilt shop in that they buy fabric that you no longer want ( or in my case I give it to her) and they resale it in kits, yardage or in cuts and it is all at a much cheaper price.  She has a cute little shop that is really thriving!  
Here are my 2013 numbers so far.

Week number- 1
Used this week- 14.25
Used this year- 14.25
Purchased this week- 0 yards
Purchased this year- 0Yards

No comments:

Post a Comment