Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Design Wall Monday Jan 14 2013

I actually have two things on my design wall.  My quilt group had a challenge at our Christmas party.  We had to bring 3 fat quarters and a pattern that we weren't going to use or really wasn't our style any longer. We put them all in a basket and then drew numbers to see what order you could draw from the basket.  I picked three bright fat quarters that were turquoise, pink and purple and then had a paper piece thanksgiving pattern ( this is BEFORE I knew we had to use the fabric and the pattern).  At the end of the night there was an apple core pattern that required a special ruler.  I took the pattern and looked at home and had the ruler.

  I am making the apple core as my challenge for the group and the other is a table runner.  I only have the pieces ironed on and need to do the applique.  My goal is to make a table runner each month for our daughter and daughter in law for Christmas gifts next year.  The hard part is deciding what to make.
I am a day late getting this posted because I spent all day trying to upload pictures. I must have solved the problem in my sleep because it went well today.  This week I hope to get the applique done and get another table runner started. 

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea for a Christmas gift. Too ambitious for me, but a wonderful gift. Love your snowman!

    ReplyDelete