Monday, January 23, 2012

Design wall for 1-23

I was able to get in my sewing room and sew over the weekend. I worked on some string blocks for the Orca quilt but they were too exciting.  What is exciting is that I finished the second panel for my January UFO.  I am doing hand applique, which is forcing me to slow down.  I am doing ok with it and like the stitching but not the prep work on each piece.  I had trouble with the pointed leaves this week so don't look closely! The photo above is of both panels together, the one on the left is this weeks.   Today I need  to clean my sewing room and then will start the 3rd panel.  I hope to have the top completed by next week.   "Sew" long for now.

4 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! I so love applique and try to do more of it, but never enough time. Look forward to seeing this complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love how 3D the flowers look. I totally agree with you-love doing hand applique-hate all the prep and basting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is looking great! I love to see your progess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your appliqué is really sweet. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete