Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stash report for week 3

Well you can tell I am new to blogging.  I wrote this blog early in the day and even posted it to Patchwork Times site but I never published the post, so.... my post was blank!  Try again.  I was busy this week but haven't finished anything to count on fabric out.  I didn't buy any fabric this week but I did add 12 yards of fabric!! I went to my quilt club meeting Thursday night and a friend brought in a basket full of yarn and casually said I have a box of fabric in my car but don't know if anyone would be interested in it.  What??? quilters not interested in looking at fabric... what was she thinking.  She said there weren't any big pieces to do anything with.  Well, she is talking to someone who is working on the Orca quilt on Bonnie Hunter's site, I love scraps.  I ended up getting 7 yards from her box !  Some of them were 3 yard lengths, her idea of small pieces and mine are different!  My Husband also cleaned out his closet this week and I cut some shirts up for the fabric.  You get quite a bit of fabric from an XLTall shirt.  Here is my report.

Week number- 3
Used this week- 0 yards
Used this year- 1.5 yards
Purchased this week- 0 yards
Purchased this year- 3 Yards
Gifted to others-0
Gifted to me- 7 yards
Recycled clothes- 5 yards

Total used- 1 ½ yards
"Sew" long for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment