Monday, March 19, 2012

Design wall Monday 3-19-12

My design wall is empty because I spent the last few days sewing with my granddaughter.  We made signs with her teacher's names on them. They can hang them  on their doors.  She had the best time going "through Mimi's fabric store" to find fabric that matched each teacher's subject.  After choosing the fabric she matched the thread for embroidery and and typed their names in while it set the embroidery up.  We both sewed the signs, painted the sticks and put them together.  She has given her teacher's a handmade gift for Teacher Appreciation week ( in May) since she was in kindergarten.  As a retired teacher, I do all I can to encourage that and keep the tradition going.  I made the sign with her name on it so she would have a example.  This week I need to get to work on my color challenge and my UFO.

No comments:

Post a Comment