Saturday, March 31, 2012

March UFO

My March UFO was a wall hanging that I started about 2005 called Angel of the Earth.  I had most of it finished but had to do the thread painting and the beading/glitz.  I got all that finished and put borders on and then took them off again. I couldn't decide if I should quilt it or frame it.  I ended up taking it to a local craft store to have it framed.  The clerk pulled frames and mat board and did some figuring and said it would be $780! WHAT??!!  but with my discount coupon it would be $330.  Still Way over my budget.  I told her there was no way I was spending that.  We finally got it down to a price I could afford .  So I guess technically my March UFO is not finished because I do not have it back yet.  Here is a picture before it was framed and I will post a picture of the final project at a later date.  My April UFO is  paper piecing quilt called Cinco de Mayo.  ( too bad it wasn't my May UFO) Should be fun.  "Sew" long for now.

7 comments:

  1. WOW Julie! That looks great. You San Angelo girls are really good at thread painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! and it's better that your "may" quilt was pulled now- it can be done in time for cinco de mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful design and I really like all your color and fabric choices. Congrats on a finish! Isn't framing ridiculously priced beyond all reason? Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful piece! Congratulations on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous. Congrats on your finish. I bet you feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Well done for getting a reasonable price for framing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful treasure and the thread painting is wonderful. Thank you for sharing this with us. Judy C

    ReplyDelete