Wednesday, February 1, 2012

UFO Challenge #5

Oh my gosh, when I went to Judy's blog on January 1 and saw that # 5 had been drawn I have to admit I was freaking out just a bit.  My number 5 was a hand applique that I had only 3 leaves prepared to sew on,that is it... nothing else had been done.  I knew I was going to have to hustle to finish it.  I can honestly say I would NOT have finished it if it were not for the challenge.  I learned many things from this: 1. stick to it you may like the final project, 2. READ directions 2 and 3 times ( found this out the hard way when I trimmed it too small and had to sew black back onto it to make it fit, 3. slow down and enjoy the process and 4. I don't want to hand applique any time soon.  Not only it this hand appliqued but it is also hand quilted!  My fingers need a rest!   Here is my wall hanging.....
The colors in this picture are not exactly true, they are much brighter in real life.  UFO # 1 is going to be much easier and can't wait to start it.  Hmmm, maybe I will take it to Judy's Brownwood retreat in a couple weeks.  "Sew long for now".

3 comments:

  1. I love that others are now listing the challenges of their projects along with lessons learned. Great concept and lovely quilt. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have obviously worked very hard and produced this fantastic piece of work. This really is a great challenge, I hope we all manage to keep going for 12 months.

    ReplyDelete