Sunday, February 12, 2012

We have a winner!

The results for our local Rodeo and Stock Show Creative Arts division were announced this week and I am proud to be among the winners.  I will have to post pictures when I get all of the quilts back, for some reason I don't have pictures of some of them.  I won a 1st  in men's clothing, I made my husband a bright orange Hawaiian shirt from  fabric I  bought  when we were in Hawaii last summer.  I won a 3rd place on a Christmas table runner in the holiday decorations category, a 2nd in the baby quilts, 2nd in  machine pieced -hand quilted, a 2nd and 3rd in the machine pieced-machine quilted category ( funny story, I got my sister in law into quilting a few years back and she beat me with a first.... maybe I am a better teacher than a quilter!). I had 7 entries and won 6 ribbons!!  In addition to my ribbons and the ribbon my sister in law won, my 9 year old niece entered 4 Lego displays and won a ribbon on each one ( 2nd,  2 3rds and a 4th and she is getting a special award for creativity).  I would say we are a pretty creative bunch, now if we can only get my brother and nephew to enter the cooking competition , no telling how many ribbons we would have!

No comments:

Post a Comment